Full course description
The Center is currently transitioning its current Learning Management System, Canvas, to the University’s ScarletCanvas.
You may access our online courses in the current LMS until June 30, 2020. You will no longer have access to course certificates or transcripts after this date.
Please click here for instructions on how to access and download your course certificates and transcripts.
This online self-study course introduces public health professionals to digital citizenship including: social networking, social media, digital literacy and their potential applications in public health.
This course consists of seven modules:
- Module 1: Digital Citizenship
- Module 2: Social Media Basics
- Module 3: Using Twitter
- Module 4: Using Facebook
- Module 5: Using LinkedIn
- Module 6: Using YouTube
- Module 7: Social Media and Public Health Communication:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the tenets of digital citizenship
- Understand the various social media platforms
- Understand social media’s application in public health
- List best practices for social media use
The target audience for the course is public health practitioners and students.