Full course description
This online self-study course will address the characteristics of effective presentations.
This course consists of four modules:
1. Tips on Oral Presentations: Tips on what makes a “good” and “not so good” presentation
2. Constructing Your Slides: Aspects of an effective and ineffective PowerPoint slide set
3. Giving an Impromptu Speech: Tips on what to do and what not to do when you are asked to provide and impromptu speech
4. Adapting to the Speaking Environment: Considerations of the audience, room and event when planning your presentation
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the components of “good” and “not-so-good” presentation practices
- Develop a prepared speech using an effective slide set
- List components of an impromptu speech
- Adapt your presentation to the environment
- Create a personal improvement plan to increase your presentation effectiveness
The target audience for the course is public health practitioners and students.