Full course description
This on-line self-study course consists of seven short modules that will introduce participants to the history, mission, achievements, structure, challenges and opportunities for Public Health in the United States and Ohio. This course is designed as self-paced, interactive, independent learning, including a variety of activities and opportunities to apply the learning to participants’ own work.
This course consists of seven modules:
- Module 1: What is Public Health?
- Module 2: History & Achievements
- Module 3: Who is Public Health?
- Module 4: Factors that Influence Health
- Module 5: Public Health in Ohio
- Module 6: Challenges to Public Health
- Module 7: Public Health's Future
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the 10 essential services of Public Health
- List three accomplishments of Public Health in the 20th century
- List five examples of organizations that make up the Public Health system
- Describe the roles of five different Public Health practitioners
- Identify five factors that influence health
- Describe the role of government in the delivery of Public Health services in Ohio
- List three current challenges for Public Health
- Identify three priorities for Public Health
This continuing education activity has been approved by the Ohio State Board of Sanitarian Registration for 1.5 hours. Course number: CE-0000000431 Clock Hours: 1.5
Sponsored by the Center for Public Health Practice (MEP100177), a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., this program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 1.5 total Category I contact hours in health education. Maximum advanced-level contact hours available are 0.
The course is approved for 1.5 CPH CEs.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) Approved for 1.5 contact hours. Approval valid through May 2, 2017. ONA #17997.